In each of the following groups of words， there are four underlined letter combinations marked A， B， C and D. Compare the underlined parts and identify the one that is different from the others in pronunciation. Mark your answer by blackening the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
1.A. mark B. warm C. ward D. war
2.A. three B. those C. thank D. theatre
3.A. wind B. kind C. find D. mind
4.A. plant B. craft C. grasp D. at
5.A. now B. knowledge C. bow D. allow
6.A. says B. plays C. stays D. days
7.A. leave B. scream C. head D. lead
8.A. resemble B. resist C. resolve D. respect
9.A. fault B. daughter C. cause D. laugh
10.A. crew B. new C. few D. dew
Ⅱ.Vocabulary and Structure (40 points)
There are 40 incomplete sentences in this section. For each sentence there are four choices marked A， B， C and D. Choose one answer that best completes the sentence and blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
11. Which is ______ country， the United States or Canada?
A. a larger B. larger C. the larger D. the largest
12. The silk feels ________.
A. soft B. softly C. softness D. softy
13. Two nuclear power stations _______ in the past ten years.
A. are built B. have been built C. would be built D. are building
14. They kept on ______ till they got to the foot of the hill.
A. to run B. running C. runing D. run
15. There is much work to do， _______?
A. isn‘t it B. is there C. isn’t there D. is it
16. _______ as he is， he can‘t understand the English film.
A. A student of English B. Though a student of English
C. Student of English D. Being a student of English
17. The old in the country _______ taken good care of.
A. have B. has C. is D. are
18. Not a single mistake _______ in the test.
A. he made B. did he make C. he has made D. made he
19. ______ my surprise， I got a high grade in this test.
A. For B. To C. To be D. On
20. She never agree _______ you， did she?
A. to B. with C. in D. at